US passport and visa photos
Specifications and Requirements of US Visa and Passport Photos
The requirements for US passport photos are now very strict. They must also conform to the new internationally agreed biometric standards. Our professional passport photographic store is well equipped to produce quality US passport photos. We have professional lighting, professional cameras and printers. We take the time to ensure that your passport and visa photos are correctly sized and meet all the required specifications.
No appointments are required and we can usually print out your US passport and visa photos within minutes. University Cameras/Broaddway Digital is open 6 days a week , weekdays 9am to 5pm and 9am to 2pm Saturdays and located at within Broadway Fair Shopping Centre at 88 Broadway, Nedlands, Perth opposite the Pharmacy and IGA. Only a 10 minute drive from Perth CBD.
Below is an outline of US Passport Photo Requirements
- Eye level between 28 mm and 35 mm from the bottom of the photo
- The US passport photo must be a full view of the face
- You must face directly into the camera for US Passport Photos
- US passport photos must be 2 inches by 2 inches (or roughly 50 mm square)
- Your face should cover about 50 percent of the photo area.
- Side views of your face are not acceptable for US Passport photos
- The photo must be taken against a white or off-white background
- It is preferred that your ears are exposed in US Passport Photos
- Head coverings and hats are acceptable only for religious reasons
- Photos of military, airline, or other personnel wearing hats are not acceptable
- Photographs of tribal or national costumes are not acceptable
- Sunglasses or other eyewear which detracts from the face are not acceptable
- Veils and face masks which inhibit identification cannot be worn